Anyone who has gone near a church in the last 2000 years has most likely heard of the 10 Commandments. Just in case you missed them…
1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain
4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
5. Honor they father and thy mother.
6. Thou shalt not kill.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
8. Though shalt not steal.
9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
10. Though shalt not covet they neighbors wife, his servant, his ox, his donkey or anything that is your neighbor’s.
Those are awesome rules to live by. Christian or not. If everyone in the world followed them, the world would be a significantly happier place… But I think that any man who has raised a daughter will agree that there is another unwritten commandment that is missing.
11. Thou shalt not raise a hand to strike a woman – especially if that woman is one of my little princesses.
Imagine if you will, that it is YOUR daughter instead of mine. How would you feel knowing that the guy that your princess trusts the most is responsible for one of the most horrible things a man can do to the woman he loves. Did you really think it was a fair fight? Did you really think that she stood a chance? Excuses? There is none. Nothing that she can do or say can be justification for striking her. Nothing. Nope. Not. No. Not that. Not that either. Are you trying to prove that you are “the” man? Hell – you just proved your not even a man. Turn in your man card on the way out.
If you feel compelled to violate the eleventh commandment, be forewarned that I will most likely feel compelled to violate the sixth one. An eye for an eye sorta thing.